Wednesday, June 30, 2010

T Minus 3 days

3 days until my first 5K. I hope it will be my first and not my last, if it is enjoyable, I'd like to do more this summer. I get a little nervous thinking about it, but I think I am ready to go. Two nights ago, I neglected to blog after my run, it was a long night of exercise. I ran the first leg for 28 minutes no stopping, and that was close to 5K. I ran again after walking for a while (Becky came with me again) for another 26 minutes. It's really amazing this transition that is happening. Once I get past the first 5-10 minute mark I feel like I could just keep running, very Forrest Gump of me, but I stopped after the SECOND 26 minute run and was like, hmm, I should have just kept going, I felt FINE. Didn't bend over in pain, didn't scream in exhaustion, just stopped running, stood there and looked around. Now, my right knee and thigh feel destroyed, so I iced them down again and I'm just going to work through it, the "injury" hurts for the first 3-4 minutes, but then it subsides during my run. I'm taking a regular regimen of 2 aleve before the run and then something after the run (before I go to bed).

I might have mentioned that since I started running, over 3 weeks ago now, I haven't been sleeping, my limbs and my body ache all over and I just can't get rested. So I have had to start taking some tylenol or advil to get me rested ready for sleep. I don't like to do that a lot, but as I get ready to race for the first time I feel I need to try to get sufficient and rested sleep.

Today is Wednesday and I run tonight, Andrea and I are going to check out the actual chase trail if we can and run or walk it, I like a familiar trail much better, then I can focus on an end point and push myself. Considering I ran over 25 minutes twice in one night, I really think I can run the 5K without stopping. I hope I can do that, I have a mental plan ready for that day, I just hope my adrenaline doesn't get the better of me.

I can't believe that in 3 short weeks I am running over 25 minutes without stopping, perhaps after this weekend (or maybe even tonight) I can write that I run 5K without stopping and then I will start focusing on my time. Post this run I think I will continue to run for a 10K, half marathon or marathon I just don't think I could do, I feel like beyong 10K (which is about 1.25 hours of exercising/running) it gets boring. I'll give anything a shot, but it's not something I'm going to set myself up for!...right now.....

I have lots more to say but am not in a creative writing mood, until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment