Monday, June 21, 2010

Electronics suck and ruined my 5 mile achievement

Stoopid Electronics. They totally hate me. Just when I thought I got my classic ipod (1st gen) working again, it stops only 1/2 mile into my run today. This is total crap. THEN upon arrival at the Price homestead post 5miles, Paul's Palm Pre decided not to register my total run length today, only my time. I added an additional mile onto the run from yesterday so I KNOW I ran over 5miles, 5.26 precisely, but exactly I am not sure. STUPID GPS, maybe an alien spacecraft was parked illegally in front of the satellite tracking my running distance. I hope that guy got a ticket.

So the entire run I had to listen to myself breathe, breathe like a weirdo and concentrate on how much drier my lips could possibly get and if I breathed any harder I would spit on innocent passers by, now that's collateral damage. Not like wearing two watches is dorky enough (one to see how long it takes and one to switch on and off my stop watch, 5 minutes for running, 1min 30 for walking, rinse and repeat). I did purchase some "iron man" pink sunglasses that are very light weight and block the sun from making me squint even more and making my evil eleven appear 10 years older than I actually am. (Evil eleven are those two vertical lines beside each eyebrow as they meet in the middle at your nose - I look evil or pissed off even when I am happy - years of concern leads to looking angry all the time. Probably keeps people away, which I don't mind, but nonetheless, I am SERIOUSLY contemplating botox and if I had an extra $450 every couple of months I would totally do it)

I digress...

So I think I am spunky keeping to running my 5 minutes and walking 1min 30, with one exception walking 4 minutes as I approach the largest hill of the run I just SIMPLY cannot do, but I make up for it by running for 6 min 30 on the next run and then pushing myself to over 5 miles. Music would really make it all much better, until I can get my ipod situation worked out I am just going to get a cheap MP3 player and fill it with crappy embarrassing songs to run to.

I also fear I have injured myself. It doesn't hurt or bother me when I am running, however, when I stop to walk, it starts to hurt, not bad, no swelling, but just sore. So I am taking Tuesday off from running, getting back at it on Wednesday, hopefully with a renewed desire to kill my 5 miles.

Every time I run, I have pushed myself for some small goal, just to see if I can push it, really get there, really work towards a 5K or even a 10K. Maybe by the end of the summer I could run a 10K - that would be cool. Dad said he used to be able to run 10K in 44 minutes, I am currently running (plus a little walking) 5 miles ( a little over) in 56 minutes I include a warm up walk and a cool down walk each of 3-4 minutes.

On a different note, the episode where Peter Griffin on Family Guy turns gay (due to an experimental shot he takes for try to pay off the debt he has incurred from racing a retarded horse that causes injury and devastation during its one and only race) is the funniest FG episode ever. Seth McFarlane, you are comic genius.

Paul has been successfully putting Joseph to bed by 9pm on the nights that I run and it has been blissful. Kudos to Paul for making this work and getting routine into Joseph, he will need it when pre-school starts this fall. Joseph still crawls into bed with us anywhere between 4am and 7am every night, but I am not going to get up at that hour and deal with putting him back to bed. He is only 3 and hell, if he wants to cuddle in the morning, then I am cool with that, he goes to sleep in his bed and spends the majority of each night in his bed and naps in his bed, I am going to allow myself this one thing with Joseph. He woke up Saturday morning putting his arm around me, gently trying to wake me, me gently trying to ignore him, knowing that Sunday was Father's Day and I would have to get up, Joseph said "Mummy, I want you to make me some oatmeal and chocolate milk, please". I said, "Daddy, go make Joseph breakfast" Joseph: "No! Mummy, you make the oatmeal and chocolate milk, you are the best oatmeal cooker." lol. the ONLY thing I can make to anyone's satisfaction. Everything else cooking FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment