|Blue pops, Purple Pops. Experimenting is half the fun!|
- One can of icing, plus one box of cake = about 45 cake pops. SERIOUSLY. I hope you have mouths ready to help you, I didn't. Thank god for starving male co-workers and a breakroom where you can dump mistakes and left overs.
- Crumble the cake, A LOT, don’t leave ANY chunks once it’s crumbled, this helps in getting your pops ROUND.
- For a whole box of super moist cake, you only need ¾ a can of icing. Seriously don’t over do the icing at all. Go light.
- Just mix the crumbled cake and icing with your hands, a wooden spoon doesn’t do shit.
- Let the cake cool – ALL THE WAY. If you are impatient, pull out the cake and go shopping. Distract yourself.
- Do put the pre-dipped cake pops with sticks in them in the freezer for a little while before dipping.
You will need wax paper to put them on so they don't stick.
You will need to buy several styrofoam or florist blocks to stand the pops in once you've dipped them and they need to dry.
- Don’t twist the cake pop on the stick in the dipping – it will come off. Everyone is serious when they tell you this.
- Use a coffee cup to dip into, it is so much easier and definitely deep enough to dip the cake pop into. (That’s what she said)
- Don’t use food coloring to mess with the color of the candy dip, just use the pre-colored candy melts from Michaels. Soooo much easier. $2.99 a bag
- If the ball of cake you rolled looks too big, it probably is. Make it MAX two bites worth. One bite is best.
- Use flower arrangement green foam blocks, not Styrofoam, it’s much cheaper, but wrap it in wax paper, so you don’t get all the green shit all over the place.
- Keep away from dogs, small children and husbands. Your cake pop count will dramatically drop from what you originally made.
Patience is needed AGAIN after you've dipped the pops and you have to sit there and gently knock off all the extra dip. sigh.
- Decorating the pops is the hardest, you have to do while the dip is still wet.
- Go crazy with the toppings, I put white chocolate over chocolate cake and dipped it in MILO! YUM!
- I also dipped strawberries in my purple creation for Bailey.