Sunday, June 20, 2010

Suitably Impressed.

I just got back from a total 4.26 mile exercise. In 2 weeks I have jumped from week 2 of the couch to 5K plan to some week down near the end, some hybrid bastardized version I have created to push myself. I run from my house to the end of Town Branch and up Meadow brook, back to our house 4.26 miles. I cannot believe that today I pushed myself to run 5 minutes and then walk 1min 30, the whole way. I am in slight disbelief that this is actually working and I feel OK after my routine! 5 minutes totally sucked, don't get me wrong and then my last one, I ran 1/2 mile straight no stopping = 5 minutes. But I did it and I didn't pass out and I am impressed.

4.26 miles in approximately 47 minutes, just got off the phone with my dad who coiffed "I ran 10K in 44minutes" Well, I'm not planning on getting there anytime soon. 5K in 1/2 hour would be great with me. Maybe even 20 minutes?!?! Baby steps....

4.26 miles is approximately 6.7 K so I think if I can get that time down I can run my 5K. I'd like to do 5 miles but I'd have to run the last leg back and forth and that is by a stinky lake, so maybe I need to look at a different route. wow. I am pleased with myself and my performance. Maybe I could shoot for this 5K run on July 3rd and NOT DIE. lol Buffalo Trace Bourbon Trail 5K here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment