Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Run, therefore, I Blog.

Blog when I run, run when I blog, so if I can keep one of them up, I can keep both of them up and stick to something, then if I don't I don't achieve two things at once. hmmmpf.
I am blogging BEFORE I run tonight though, my knee hurts slightly ( I think I may have to give up my insane high heels before long) to protect the longevity of my knee and running.
I will try to just do the 5 mins run and 1:30 walk tonight for the total of 6.26 miles. I wasn't intending to train for a 10K, but it seems quite easy, at this point. Once I feel like I can run for 8-10 minutes I will alternate between running a 5K as fast as I can, then work on endurance for a 10K, so my goal is to run a 5K before July 3rd, but in my training also finish a total length of 10K (run/walk or as long running as I can).
Took Joseph to see Toy Story 3 today, Pixar did a great job, lots of fun and some adult messages in tehre, (don't read on if you haven't seen it) but there is a scene where they toys look like it's the end for them in a firey inferno and they all calmy look at each other and grab each other's hands one by one and knowingly look into what will be their demise as toys. Serious stuff for a three year old, obviously it turns out well and they don't "die" but it was tough to watch and I wonder what went through Joseph's head as he watched that. Joseph is quite an acutely emotionally tuned in kid, he shed a tear when the wife died in "UP", he said "I sad" didn't explain, but knew because of the music cues and the coloring and the husband's sadness that it was a sad part of the movie. At this point during Toy Story though, Joseph was in my lap and he just intently watched. He sat up right and intently watched every single part of the movie, not one look of boredom or incling to do something else. He has LOVED the movie CARS for so long, but he has defintely taken a shine to all the Toy Story movies, so being able to take him to this movie and watch him enjoy it, was special for me. I am glad for Paul that he didnt' go, Paul is a big softie now that he is a dad and just loves Joseph millions of sixes. Paul, I think, would have teared up at the scene where Andy's room is empty and his mom gets sad because he is going off to college, that didn't make me much sad at all, I look forward to Joseph growing up, I definitely got sad though throughout the movie though, of just Andy growing up, because Joseph does that everyday. He grows up, grows taller, smarter, cuter, every single day and a little bit of my heart breaks, but a little bit of my heart grows bigger. So it's pretty much even stevens.

So I took a long lunch today, but am staying late to get my work done. I am thankful for a job that has such flexibility, as long as the work gets done and hell, I'm not seeing a movie every week or month even on my lunch break, it should work out fair. I have so much to say about Joseph and his emotional maturity, he is still a kid but has a sense about him that is sensible, kind and caring, just something extra special he has right now and I hope he doesn't grow out of. Ever.

So I will blog later tonight, I will run, therefore I will blog.
Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment