Friday, July 2, 2010

Fly eating Rabbit

I made another sock monster, in lieu of being unable to run for the past 2 days (I really feel so weird that I haven't hit the pavement - it's so strange) I decided to put my time to better use than the laundry, so instead of folding the laundry I cut it up and used some of the laundry to create yet another strange sock monster. At 1:30am last night, I put my most unusual moniker yet to my latest creation - "Bacon". He looked like a piece of bacon, kinda with the type and color of sock I used, Joseph woke up to find him and said I made the "coolest donkey monster ever!". It does sort of look like a donkey. Joseph lined up all four of my monster creations and had then "Sweeping (sleeping)" on the living room floor. His favorite was still Hairy Henry octopus. I think that I am going to make sock monsters and give them to people as gifts, like for kids, or newborns, though they could be kinda scary, I still hand made them and I still have a handful of handmade things from my nan or mum (relatives that were crafty), handmade just isn't done anymore, it could be kind of special. So watch out, you might already know what kind of gift you are getting if you are any friend of mine!!

Our dog (the one with less than required brain cells to function like a dog so we call him rabbit) catches flies, and eats them. Now that it is the summer time and we don't have hardly any windows and no doors with fly mesh, flies just manage to come right in whenever we open our french doors to the side of the house. Luckily for us, Rabbit engages his stealth and fakes "dog" on these flies, he waits until they are within striking distance, then "SNAP!", like a venus fly trap, snaps up that fly, smacks it around in his gums for a second and swallows. Beats an aerosol can and a messy fly swat that usually leaves me cleaning up fly guts on a window. Very environmentally friendly if you ask me, a fly catching dog. He is also earning his rent this way. Rabbit is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but is the most colorful. He's the dog I got when I thought Dingo, our first dog, needed a friend. Rabbit is the dog I got from the shelter when I was just going to "look only", he's also the dog I told Paul was on a "trail basis" and he's also the dog that squeaks instead of barking, we should have called him squeaker - though that is his nick name.

So what about running? I haven't run since Wednesday night and that was a pathetic effort. Andrea and I tried to run the Buffalo Chase course just to see what it looked like so we'd be more prepared when we raced on Saturday, that was FAIL, we got a good idea, but ran for like 17 minutes and I thought that my right leg was going to snap and my knee cap just fall out under my skin and land in my sock. I can't believe the level of pain I was in, I now understand the true meaning of "wincing" in pain. I had a few tears come to my eyes... I have grudgingly taken Thursday and Friday off running, which stresses me out. I had only just run 28+ minutes straight for the first time, I was hoping to run longer again second time around so that by Saturday I'd feel very confident not only I could finish without walking, but finish in a reasonable amount of time. I just don't feel prepared now and I feel nervous and I know my adrenaline is going to get the better of me, I'm going to have to spend the first mile or two calming myself down into a comfortable run and breathing pattern.. dammit. My knee hurts just sitting and a sharp pain shoots through my right leg every now and again. I don't care though, I am GOING to race on Saturday and push myself to run the whole thing. Even if I have to take a week off afterwards.

Friday before race day, running a few errands, making sure I have pasta for dinner and probably going to see Toy Story 3 again, this time at the drive in. I have never wanted to see a movie again while it is at the theatres, but Joseph just loved it and he would love to see it again and I would love to take him, I bet he has a great time at the drive in! Going to the drive in would check off one of my summer to do list items, though I really wanted to see Iron Man 2 at the drive in, Toy Story 3 should be good enough, second time around!

Time to get out of my pyjamas and do something on this fantastic day that I am NOT at work and at home with my super fantastic family. Something must be done - quick, to the bat mobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment