Thursday, July 8, 2010

Will run for Beer.

It's a cute slogan sent to me by someone you can buy in a necklace for like $20, I totally want it. Though mine would really say "will run for rum". I got back in the saddle again (thanks Willie) last night. I started running with a limp, that was totally seksi, I'm sure. I think it's where I have been favoring my right leg and limping around on it, so I just kept pushing it and ran my usual 28:00 again. If that isn't 5K it's pretty damn close, I measured it a while back and can't remember the actual distance but it's around 3.2 or 3.4 miles as I remember. The killer for me is in the middle of the run, before I turn around I have to run up a hill, I HATE IT and my time would be MUCH better if I didn't do the hill, but I feel by keeping the hill in my training I am getting used to obstacles in my running course (not always are they going to be lovely shady and flat) but I'm pushing myself harder to better my time with a harder section in my run. My Ipod died like 5 minutes in, so I had to listen to myself run again. I run past people wtih my earphones in and I wonder if they are talking about me, "Look at the way she is running, she's struggling!" is what I imagine them to say when I have my earphones IN and ON, but they don't know they are turned off, so I am waiting to catch one of the walkers as I run by saying something about me. Not to say anything back to them, but just to solidify my suspicions. Seriously though, who do I think I am? Am I really paranoid about people talking about the way I am running - how my flabby fatty thights are flapping in the wind? Am I really this narcassistic to actually believe people talk about me after having only met me as I wizz by in running pants and a sweaty mid section top? Nah, no one talks about me, but I think it would be funny to hear the people on their porch actually think they are safe saying something about me out loud "Oh here comes lound breather thunder thighs agian, she looks like she's gonna die, if she drops dead, you have to do the mouth to mouth, I ain't touchin' her".... lol. I imagine it, but I don't for one second believe that anyone is taking time out of their day to say something out loud, do I believe they think it, oh hell yes, just like I do, I judge everyone around me all day long, I just dont' say it out aloud until I am at least 4 beers deep.

I feel good after running, I stopped before I ended my usual actual run, I usually exercise for 45 minutes - 1 hour running anywhere from 5 miles to 10 K, but this was my first night back after my longest stint off running since I started and it was BLAZING hot, even at 9pm at night, so I decided to give it a rest. Came home, strapped some ice to my right leg and knee, took some vitamins and some advil and watched a cute movie with Paul. Joseph is getting really upset when he sees me go running because he really wants to go with me, I'd have Paul drag him along but Paul can't do much on his feet for too long before it hurts, so I have to figure out a way to incorporate Joseph, if he wants to exercise and run I should be doing all that I can to foster it.

I have had the pleasure of recently being able to watch several good movies/features/documentaries. Film that doesn't just go boom in the night (though those are my favorite kinds), film that makes me think a little afterwards. I like it. I haven't finished my latest sock monster, I have stalled in attaching his arms and legs, much to Joseph's dismay because we have pledged to name this sock monster "Peanut Butter Pants", this name requires a creative and funny story telling decription of Joseph's latest obsession, something I will have to devote an entire blog post to. SO we watched "Timer" last night, dear netflix, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways... An interesting concept, you get fit with a "Timer" that counts down to the actual moment that you will meet the "one", no more finding or guessing at love, no more divorce, it times down to actually finding the one you are meant to be with forever on this earth. So if your timer is counting down for another 5,000 days, do you just go out and date and sleep with whomever, whenever, wihtout consequence and don't get head over heels because you know this person isn't the one? Or if you are in a relationship and you get a timer and it doesn't match the other person's timer do you just bail out of the relationship immediately? A thought provoking look at what defines relationships, if you can't find the one you love, love the one you're with? Do you stay with this one even if you don't know for sure, do you ignore the timer and go with your gut that could most likely be wrong? Would it ruin the surprise? I told Paul we should never get timers....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment