Thursday, December 2, 2010

The many uses of elastic hair bands

1) wrist accessory
2) reminder to do something when you get home, that you forget to do as you pull it off your wrist and tie up your annoyingly long hair.
3) 3D glasses tightner-contraption when the movie theater doesn't have kid sized 3D glasses, you improvise, pulling the glasses tighter together so that it attempts to stay on your child's head.
and let's not forget...

4) Waist band extender maximizer and mid region comfort friend.

It happened. Yesterday, 7:10am, December 1st. I put on my usually kind-of baggy fitting jeans to find that when the buttons were done up, it was considerably more painful than usual, more painful than, for example, right after I'd finished a chow down at my local Olive Garden that included more salad, a second serving of breadsticks, I'll tell you when and don't hold your breath on the romano cheese, you might want to get comfortable.. and dessert, kind of feeling.

10 weeks and I'm maximizing my waist comfort level. I panicked about how that was too early for such a thing, then thought back to my first pregnancy and calculated that, that happened, at about the same time then also. PHEW. Not so much more fatter this time...yet.

My co-worker, so generously pointed out, that it could also just be the 2 bags of recently (and joyously over delighted discovery!!!) consumed Christmas Mini Eggs that I'm eating each day. Yes, each day. Yes, Mini eggs at Christmas. I will save this most joyous discovery and elated feeling for another post. Cadbury mini eggs at least deserve that.

I've yet to go through my closet and do the dreaded "ok, so this doesn't fit anymore" song and dance where I end rocking myself back and forth facing a wall, crying screming in my head why I did this to myself, as Paul wonders if he should interrupt me or just cut to the chase and call the people with white jackets that live in the houses with padded walls. Usually cadbury mini eggs are delivered, and I manage to pull myself out of a close called, full blown psychosomatic lapse into emotional darkness. A little dramatic, yes, but you must understand how melodramatic a girl can be when faced with zero to none wardrobe options over the course of at least the next 10 months and a growing mid section that she KNOWS is inevitable.

Thank you Elle Magazine, Cosmopolitan and every commercial advertisment all over this planet that has forced me to continue my body image stresses into pregnancy when you are SUPPOSED to get fat. I am now going to surround myself with only pregnancy related images and I WILL not obsess and google photos of other women at the same stage of pregnancy as me and over analyze for hours if I look bigger than they do, all while eating cadbury mini eggs. Yes, more mini eggs. No, I'm not doing that exact thing right now at all... you can't see me right?

Ahem..

So now begins when I should embrace my "pooch" my "puffed mid section" and the continual growing of the human that will occupy a large part of my inside and manage to squish evey single one of my vital organs before it decides that, that, is not enough and it's time to come out and decide that very same thing out in the oxygen breathing world.

Now, to go home, and find my most comfortable stretchy pair of jeans, located in the depths of my plastic storage bins, complimented by a 4 inch wide snuggle like huggable elastic band, that I can sit on the couch in and continue to consume my body weight in Cadbury Christmas Mini Eggs.

2 comments: