Sunday, December 19, 2010

2.57

That's what I ran today in 28 degree weather.  Outside.

Dear Running, how I have missed thee, let me count the ways.  But not right now, I have some more gloating to do.

I haven't run since approximately November 5th.  Or earlier.  I can't remember it has been so long.  Due to the fact that Paul had been away and that it is getting dark at 4pm, and I don't have a gym membership, I can only run outside.  I have also used getting fat and being pregnant as my major excuse.

I exercised for almost 35 minutes and that was my run time.  Mostly because I had to walk a major leg of that run in tippy toe eggshell movements so not to break my arse on black ice and also because the first 400 meters or so I walked just in case I wanted to talk myself out of running, fat and pregnant, in 28 degree weather, outside in tighter-than-they-should-be running pants.  I didn't talk myself out of it, I walked .5 miles or so, then took that first glorious step, it was in slow motion, like I was taking those first long slow motion running leaps toward my long lost lover on the beach at sunset.  It was pure joy.

I listened to my "Running 101" soundtrack, ACDC, techno and a bunch of 90s and popular music I'd rather not list publicly so as not to ruin my "cooler than you" trademark reputation I have so carefully tried to build over the years....  I was pumped, I was actually doing this, running in the cold, attempting to get back out there, I was pumped and I'm still feeling pretty pumped about it.  I realize that this was almost like an adrenaline run, I was just so damn excited to get back out there that my run was like floating on clouds, leaping like a gazelle from one soft fluffy cloud to the next, that I understand any subsequential runs I choose to take in the near future, will be the more difficult ones. I am prepared.  This was too much enjoyment and  I missed it all too much to just stop it all together. I must get a gym membership, I must do something about it.  I must keep running.

I really think my pace was pretty good too, though I don't actually know, since I didn't have my stop watch to time the periods I actually was running, but it felt normal, not like where I was, but not like a 20 minute mile.

And just like the chocolate junkie I am, I can't wait to get my next running fix, I've just started coming down from this running high, I'm trying to figure out when I can get my next one.

Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment