Monday, August 10, 2009

I got poo on my thumb.

There's a lot to be said for being a parent. "It's the most beautiful thing in the world.." "Seeing your child smile is the best feeling..ever.." blah blah, agreed. Then you get poo on your thumb. At least it wasn't IN and UNDER my thumbnail, no, no heavens no, because I haven't been THERE before. sarcasm This time, just on my thumb. Joseph is potty trained but this still allows for the occasional conversation..

"Do you need to go poop?" "No." "You look like you need to go poop." "Nope." "Well why are you hiding under the table?" "No Mommy!" (Hiding under the table might as well have been the batman signal in the sky.

"Alright, let's go to the potty.." Big boy pants are down, and then... it rolled right onto my thumb and into the toilet.

GROSS. But that thought didn't even cross my mind, we got it in the toilet like big boys and I just reached over to the sink and washed it off with soap.

I've been peed on, vomited on, pooped on and farted on, in some cases, all in one day.

I love being someone's parent, makes me feel all mushy just realizing that someone is as gross as me and he's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment