Monday, June 20, 2011

The race is on.

38 week check up today.

Officially one week and 5 days until my original EDD of July 2nd and my 3K pay off.

Good News Today.  Midwife checked and I believe her statement was something to the affect of: "Baby is ready, but looks like you're not."  Without getting into the gruesome details, things are NOT dilating or thinning.

Midwife's prediction is that we make it to July 2nd.  

She even said that at my next appointment we can start talking about induction.

INDUCTION?

I almost forgot that I was naked from the waist down and threw my arms up in the air and jumped for joy, I was so excited at the news.

I immediately started day dreaming about the many weeks I would take from work, the beach vacation, and all the promises I have been leading my unborn child along with, that I would need to somehow now fulfill.

So, looks like everything is tucked up nicely, calm, not yet ready to make an appearance.  I'm thrilled. I'm the only pregnant person on the planet that's as routinely miserable as I am, that is still THRILLED to be pregnant and continue to be pregnant for the near foreseeable future. It's given me a small sense of relief that is only slightly nagged with the feeling that I shouldn't get over excited as it is all too possible that anything could happen at any day.  But, it looks like that ISN'T going to be the case.  Fingers crossed.

Next appointment is on the 28th and if I make it to then, I really feel like it's going to be clear sailing from then on.  I'm rewarding a July 1st and still pregnant day with leaving work early (haven't yet informed the boss of this..) a massage as a present from Mr. Price (haven't yet informed him of this either) and spa pedicure and a spa manicure.  That's motivation.

I'm willing to bet the baby decides on June 30th or July 1st though.  I bet it comes so close I'm kicking myself later.

But, at least for now, there seems to be more hope than not.  And through all these sleepless nights, that's something that can really keep me going, when I'm just taking it day by day and some days, hour by hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment