Friday, August 6, 2010

Bugs swallowed; 3 Miles ran; 3.6 Minutes; 36:11

Looks like I'm running a 10 minute mile. This is my second approach on trying to really "run" a 5K. I consciously tried, throughout my run, when I hit flat or down spots to push my stride longer, faster... I thought I'd drastically improve my time, but I guess not so. I'm aiming for a 5K in 30:00 that'd be nice. T minus 1 week and counting until the midsummer night's run. I run this hill (I've talked about before) smack in the middle of my run and it really slows me down, it is just killer running up that hill, I know I am half bent over trying to run/jog up that hill, then it takes me a full 3minutes to recover from that. Bugger that hill.

Who'da thunk that trying to shave 3 minutes from your 5K could be so hard?!? In every run now it goes through my head "if you don't feel like puking after your run, you haven't pushed yourself hard enough". That is something I read on an artice from active.com or the Couch to 5K plan facebook page.. not sure where but it is a good reminder of how hard I should be pushing myself. I'm also working on self correcting my stride, my right leg seems to be improving, my knee hurting not so much, but I still have problems in my right leg. If I get serious about doing a 10K or half marathon, I'll definitely be going to John's run walk to get everything evaluated...

No comments:

Post a Comment