Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why? because....

Joseph is at the "why?" stage, ANYTHING we say, his answer is "why?" or rather his question is why... Why mommy? Why? Why? It is hilarious and often annoying, I try to explain to him the answers to his "why" but maybe he doesn't yet know why he is asking "why?". So I explain then he just keeps asking why and inevitably i end up saying "BECAUSE I SAID SO" Why? I'm YOUR MOMMY THAT'S WHY. Then - insert - distraction. Change the subject or the whys never end. ever.

Then today, he just started the "because" word. Well, because mommy, I want to. Because.... because.... why why, because because.... Ahh language development.

It is so sweet right now, because I ask "are you Mommy's baby bear" yeah, I'm mommys baby bear. "I love you baby bear". "uv you too mommy" Hugging me, saying he loves me is a new thing and it's really really cool.

We made a pathetic attempt at fall swim lesosns this year, he is NOT ready to swim by himself but maybe we might need to just go on and do that, I want to make sure he knows how to swim, I have constant fears of him drowning. Maybe it is all the time we spend around the lake. Since swim lessons we kinda bailed on (went to about 3 out of the 9 lessons) we are starting gymnastics tomorrow, Thursday nights. It should be great. We went to a test class a few months back and he loved it. He is tarting to tumble at home so I'm thinking actual exercise and activity will be good for him. Also it means more mommy and Joseph time and we get to go shopping or eat out together afterward. He's so fun. Joseph has such an easy going attitude, it's really awesome to spend time with him. yes he is not yet 3, but still a great time.

One more thing before I hit the sack. He calls Paul, "Paul" not daddy, but Paul. and in my accent. it is just adorable. We are teaching him our real names, like Rebecca (dahbeka) and Paul (Poal) Grammie (Debbie) Pops (Loe) Grandma - (tony-ann) and Papaw (Mate). So he knows who his family is if he gets lots or anything like that. We are also trying to have him memorize our home phone number as soon as that can happen the better! I get so wrapped up in, can he read, can he spell does he know his colors and forget about some of the everyday necessities it would be good for him to know if anything happens. His name, our names, his address and phone number. All common sense basic stuff, so if he knows that but doesn't know how to spell purple, I'll still take it as a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment